Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Pumpkin day"

Ever since i had "A" I've always wanted to have a "pumpkin day": Pumpkin patch, carving pumkin's & Baking Pumpkin goods such as; Pumpkin pie, pumpkin sugar cookies, Pumpkin bread & whatever else that's PUMPKIN that I can think of LOL. And now that she's 2, I thought she was old enough to know and enjoy a "pumpkin day", This was not A’s first pumpkin season. But the last 2 years she was still a "lil pumpkin" herself & I guess that really doesn’t count if she couldn't know & enjoy it. I’m sure that next year when she's even older, it'll be a blast but for this year I just wanted pictures & to let my lil girl explore & get to understand. So instead of "doing it big" at a local farm with hayrides, corn mazes and large fields with pumpkins (which is FUN by the way), I decided to just go to a local church’s pumpkin patch, which meant we also supported them && their causes =).

Notice that little bitty pumpkin in her hand??? Yeah, i ended up buying that too for her b/c she loved it sooo much she clutched onto it the ENTIRETY of the time we were there LOL



"A" and her BFF LOL tooo adorable....


BFF'S.. They are so cute together!


"hmmm, what are these mommy???....
Trying to get a pic of both Me & "A"..... TOTAL FAIL!!! She would not look up for nothing and she wasn't trying to sit, she was more interested in the pumpkins :-/ Oh well, I tried LOL

We got back home and right away I started the "pumpkin baking process". Here's "A" mixing the batch for the pumpkin pie


And did a pretty good job :))
I poured the mix into a pre-made pie crust
Then while waiting for the pie to be baked, we then started carving the pumpkins I had bought for the kids at the Church's Pumpkin patch. "A" and her cousin scooping out the insides of the pumpkin.

After all the insides where scooped out, I started the carving process by poking at it to get a look I wanted. (yes, this was my first time ever carving a pumpkin & i had a handy "carving for dummies" article which helped a lot LOL
...and I was shocked on how good they came out for a first timer ;)
the yummy pie was done......
and i threw in the pumpkin shaped sugar cookies... those were yummy also ;o)
"A" with her pumpkins


....AND FINALLY AFTER WE HAD DINNER, I THREW IN THE INGREDIENTS FOR THE PUMPKIN BREAD & HAD "A" WHIP UP THE BATCH LOL (i think she's going to be my new lil helper for now on)!!

And that basicly concluded our "pumpkin day". I was soo exhausted that i forgot to take a picture of the pumpkin bread.. but it sure was yummy ;o).

I'm thankful for being able to share this wonderful experience with my lil girl & complete with pumpkins <3 ...and i hope everyone has a great fall PEACE & LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment