Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Beads Braids & Beyond's Protective Styling Challenge

For the last 30 days I've been participating in Beads Braids & Beyond's One-Month-Protective-Styling Facebook challenge. And on week 2 of the challenge I was surprised that I had won a $25 gift certificate for Bee Mine Products. All in all, I've been following Nikki's blog whom is the blog owner of  the beads braids & beyond site for about a year now, and I absolutely LOVE her site and looking at all the beautiful hairstyles on her site as well. Well, here is a recap of the Aamirah's styles for the 30 day protective styling challege.

WEEK 1: 




WEEK 2:





WEEK 3:

WEEK4:






And our last check-in is not pictured here but is on Beads Braids & Beyond's Facebook page. 

Sometimes, less is more and I'm finding that with this protective styling challenge, I can truly appreciate Aamirah's hair without any added extras or rubberbands that can cause damage. The realization about the importance of protective styling, especially as my daughter goes through a transition, has made me and her rather happy. Even though when I actually get around to going to a salon I might have to cut off a lot of her hair due to her split ends that a perm causes :( nonetheless its just hair and I know first hand that it will grow! Overall, I am happy with the results of protective styling and good hair health! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment