Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

"I like it on" Facebook

Here is a peice of the article from: JackTimes.com
 "You might have noticed your female friends getting personal on their Facebook statuses recently.
Facebook initiated this fun activity in order to promote the Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The “bra color” campaign back in January was pretty successful. The recent campaign asks women to state the place where they like to put their purse when they come back to the houses. Status updates like “I Like It On The Floor,” “I like it on the kitchen counter,” “I like it on the couch,” “I like it anywhere,” has led to overburden of thoughts for the many men that are a member on the website. Messages from guys were are all around, having got the improper idea and believing something nasty was being talked about and they were being neglected".

Now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this but, there is NO need to bash or argue with anyone. In my opinion: "Don't judge what you don't know". This does not mean just b/c I made that "I like it" update on FB, that i'm aiming to get sexual responses or that I only support this cause one month out of the year or that i'm completely clueless on the Cause or any Causes. I myself ALWAYS makes random donations to Breast Cancer & "Make A Wish" every time i go shopping at a store, (I say: "if I have $$ to spend, then why not donate some to a good Cause").. I've basicly invested in these causes, I just don't agree with people bashing others for doing these SIMPLE FB statuses.
I'm also not sure it actually does "alienate" men. We are all talking about it, people are willing to answer when queried obviously. The point is to instigate the query itself. What about the "Movember" campaign? A wonderful idea to raise awareness for prostate cancer by way of a giant mustache growing competition, I feel neither angry nor alienated for not being able to participate. The feigned secrecy and titillating nature of the campaign is most likely designed to get YOUNG people interested in the conversation about breast cancer, as sexual innuendoes - even lightly veiled ones - always peek our interest. They are also the least likely to get screened or encourage their partners to get screened. And purses have quite a lot to do with breast cancer when you consider that the majority of breast owners are purse owners as well. Let's all smooth our feathers and remember what it is really all about...and I'll buy a comb in support of my fathers's mustache next month.

This is the message that woman throughout facebook have been receiving
"Ok ladies here's another game, like the bra color game which was a total success and we had men wondering for days what was with the colors and it made it to the News. Well this game has to do with your handbag, where we put our 
handbag the moment we get home for example "I like it on the couch", "I like it on the kitchen couter", "I like it on the dresser" well u get the idea. Just put your answer as your Status with nothing more than that and cut n paste this message and forward to all your FB female friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news. Let's see how powerful we women really are!!! REMEMBER - DO NOT PUT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, SIMPLY PUT YOUR ANSWER AS YOUR STATUS, THEN FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS!


Oh, and ladies, go take a BREAST EXAM.


No comments:

Post a Comment