Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

MY KID IS WEIRD!

What: We were sitting outside, "A" eating her lollipop, me taking picture of her. There were three flies buzzing around. 

A: Those are my buggy friends.
Me: Okay.
A: They love me so much.
Me: I'm sure they do.
A: Oh, buggy friends! Eat this lollipop!
A: Oh, buggy friends. Come here, buggy friends. Look, Mama! That buggy friend looks at me!

Another family walks by; a mother and a girl around 4 years of age. The girl promptly starts running to "A", shooing the flies away.

A: NO! THOSE ARE MY BUGGY FRIENDS!

The family freezes and stares at "A". The little girl continues shooing the flies.

A: NO! STOP! MY BUGGY FRIENDS! STOP!

"A" gets up and gets in Little Girl's face.

A: THOSE ARE MY BUGGY FRIENDS! LEAVE MY BUGGY FRIENDS 'LONE!

The mother looked at me blankly. Probably expecting some sort of parenting.

Me: Uh, the flies are her friends.
A: They love me so much.


2 comments: